Friday 28 June 2013

Dylan's Day - Tim Hutchinson

Dylan's DayDylan's Day by Tim Hutchinson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Dylan is a playful and curious dog who has many things to do with his time, including the most important thing of all: finding the big fat cat that lives next door. This beautifully illustrated book follows Dylan as he chases, sniffs, catches and follows birds, flowers, pots, neighbors and more, all the while frantically looking for the big fat cat—until he finds it, that is. Dylan’s Day is a funny and endearing story that teaches kids it’s OK to sometimes be a little scared.

I was lucky enough to be sent this direct from the publisher - Thank you!

This is the debut picture book from Tim Hutchinson, and what a debut it is! It is a beautifully illustrated picture book, which includes repetition and rhyme in the story.

This story is about Dylan a dog and what he does during his day, it is cute and funny. All he wants to do is chase the cat from next door but gets distracted along the way. I read many children's books to my class and this is by far one of my favourites, I cannot wait to share this book with the children, this is one they will fall in love with again and again.

The illustrations are amazing, every time you look at the images you see something new in them. I would definitely recommend that this book becomes a permanent addition to your home/school.  I cannot wait for more from Tim Hutchinson. 



No comments:

Post a Comment