Sunday 23 June 2013

Parachutes and Peppermints - Sadie Mills

Parachutes and PeppermintsParachutes and Peppermints by Sadie Mills
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Chocolatier, Lucy Simkins, has been unceremoniously dumped by her dithering boyfriend, Phil. She needs to blast him out of her system; she needs to feel alive. She decides to go skydiving.

Joshua Snow is one of the most experienced tandem instructors at the dropzone, with a smile that can charm the birds from the trees. When his shy little tandem student starts talking about BASE jumping and wingsuits, pushing him to teach her how to fly, he suddenly finds himself on the back foot.

There's an instant attraction between Joshua and Lucy, an attraction that hasn't gone unnoticed by his peers. A distracted student is one thing - they're all used to that. But a distracted instructor? That's a whole different story.



I downloaded this book in search of a short read, this is what I got. I finished this in one sitting, it captured me and I didn't want to put it down.

It begins at the sky dive centre and chops and changes between before the dive on the ground and in the plane waiting to jump. Although it is a very short story the characters are developed well and you can begin to form opinions on them. 

I love how Lucy is developed as a character and although from the beginning you kind of know what is going to happen, there are small little twists along the way. 

The story is predictable but light hearted fun and defiantly worth a read, I am looking forward to reading the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment