Saturday 22 June 2013

Wrong time, wrong place - Simon Kernick

Wrong Time Wrong Place (Quick Reads 2013) Wrong Time Wrong Place by Simon Kernick
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Have you ever been in the wrong place at the wrong time?

You are hiking in the Scottish highlands with three friends when you come across a girl.

She is half-naked, has been badly beaten, and she can't speak English.

She is clearly running away from someone.

Do you stop to help her? Even if it means putting your friends' lives - and your own - in terrible danger?

This was the first time I had read a Simon Kernick story. I regularly enjoy picking up quick reads to experience new authors and for only £1 what a quick read!

This is a fast paced, tension building thriller. This had me fighting with myself, wanting to know what was going to happen but at the same not wanting to read. In places I found the book graphic and scary, this is not one to read late at night!

The story is unpredictable and never in a million years would you guess the ending. The length of the book even though it is only 112 pages seemed perfect for the storyline, however I found the ending a little abrupt.

The story played on my mind for days after and has left a lasting impression.

No comments:

Post a Comment